Homework is recognised as an integral part of the learning experience at Icknield High School.
The School believes that a good, well-managed homework programme helps children and young people to develop the skills and attitudes they will need for successful lifelong learning.
Importance of Homework
1. It can help Students to make more rapid progress in learning.
2. It can allow Students to develop the practice of working on their own and encourage independent learning without the constant presence of the teacher or other Students.
3. It can allow valuable practice of skills learned in the classroom.
4. It can allow Students to use materials and other sources of information that are not always available in the classroom.
5. It can involve parents and others in the Students' work for their mutual benefit.
6. It can give opportunities for long term research and other work.
7. This gives Students valuable experience of working to deadlines.
Types of Homework
1. Revise in preparation for an assessment or test.
2. Reinforce and consolidate work covered in class to be sure all students are able to complete such work independently.
3. Complete an exercise started in class.
4. Carry out project/investigation work.
5. Carry out preparatory work for a forthcoming task or lesson-activity.
Use of Show My Homework
All staff will upload homework onto Show My Homework.
This will give your child clear details about the homework task; include any worksheets or important websites and deadline for when homework needs to be handed in.