Homework is recognised as an integral part of the learning experience at Icknield High School. The School believes that a good, well-managed homework programme helps children and young people to develop the skills and attitudes they will need for successful lifelong learning.
Importance of Homework
- It can help Students to make more rapid progress in learning.
- It can allow Students to develop the practice of working on their own and encourage independent learning without the constant presence of the teacher or other Students.
- It can allow valuable practice of skills learned in the classroom.
- It can allow Students to use materials and other sources of information that are not always available in the classroom.
- It can involve parents and others in the Students’ work for their mutual benefit.
- It can give opportunities for long term research and other work.
- This gives Students valuable experience of working to deadlines.
Types of Homework
- Revise in preparation for an assessment or test.
- Reinforce and consolidate work covered in class to be sure all students are able to complete such work independently.
- Complete an exercise started in class.
- Carry out project/investigation work.
- Carry out preparatory work for a forthcoming task or lesson-activity.
Use of Show My Homework
All staff will upload homework onto Show My Homework. This will give your child clear details about the homework task; include any worksheets or important websites and deadline for when homework needs to be handed in.
Homework Timetable 2015-2016
Please view our KS3 and KS4 homework timetable below (Click Image to view PDF version):